Carom seeds also known as bishop’s weed, is one of the highly cultivated seeds in India (highest production in Rajasthan) . It used for the medicinal and cooking purposes. They are highly fragrant and smell and taste like thyme (with a stronger flavor).
Carom seeds are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants besides niacin-a vitamin and thymol-an essential oil.
- culinary recipes and in treatment of stomachache, acidity, hyperacidity and flatulence.
- Relieves pain due to migraines and stops hiccups instantly.
- Treatment of pimples, acne, blemishes and blackheads. Also effective in cure of itching, boils and eczema.
- Effective appetizer and also used as laxative so helps in weight loss.
- It is beneficial in case of vomiting, cholera, mouth diseases, piles and Diabetes Mellitus.
- Cure colic and griping pains, asthma, muscle spasms, cramps, rheumatism, arthritis, edema and menstrual cramps.
- Good in removing of kidney stone.
- Reduces craving for alcohol.
- Effective for respiratory problems such as common cold, cough, bronchitis and nasal congestion asthma.
- Keep heart healthy.